DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER SEMESTER
DATES: JUNE 8, 2018
PLACE: V. S. CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL , MAIN OFFICE
COST: $ 475.00 Payment can be made prior to June 8th using www.myschoolbucks.com or Money Order Only
COURSE BEGINS: JULY 9, 2018
COURSE ENDS: AUGUST 21, 2018
ABOUT THE COURSE
A complete, professionally taught Driver Education Course that will provide the students with a comprehensive introduction to the driving experience. These experiences will include; “rules of the road”, traffic safety concerns, defensive driving, proper handling of a vehicle, driving in traffic, and problems of substance abuse as related to driving. Students must complete 24 hours of in-car instruction (6 hours behind the wheel*/18 hours of observation) and 24 hours of classroom training and receive a passing grade of 65 or higher in each category. This course is not intended to bring a new driver to higher levels of driving performance without adequate practice time outside course hours. Nor is this course designed to spend more time than is required to cover the basic elements of the NY State road test.
WHAT THE COURSE OFFERS
It includes the MV 285 (formerly known as a “Blue Card”). This provides an insurance reduction to students who qualify; and a driver’s license Class D at age 17 upon successfully passing the NY State road test & submitting their MV-285 to DMV.
Students must be 16 by JULY 1st (2018) for the SUMMER semester. Students must also acquire a NY State Learner’s Permit (MV-100) before the first day of class.
$475.00, payable with my schools bucks or money order only . No cash or checks will be accepted !
If a student can not be accommodated because classes are filled, all monies will be returned or refunded. In any case, once classes begin, no tuition refund will be authorized.
By Valley Stream School District regulations, students must complete all mandated hours, therefore a student is allowed no more than 3 absences for Driver Education. All absences must be made up. It is the student’s responsibility to make arrangements with, and obtain prior approval from, the regular driving and/or lecture instructor to proceed with any make-up assignments. More than 3 absences will result in the student failing the course.
1) I will always obey all New York State vehicle and traffic laws.
2) I understand that I must successfully complete both the road and theory portions of the course in order to receive a MV 285 (formerly known as a “Blue Card”).
3) I will conduct myself at all times in both car and lecture classes in a responsible manner.
4) I understand that all cell phones, pagers, etc., must be turned off during both in-car and lecture classes.
5) I understand the Absence/Make-up section of this application.
6) I understand that in order to take advantage of the road portion of the course that I must gain additional practice time with my parent/legal guardian during approved hours.
7) I understand that 50 hours* of supervised instruction is required (MV-262) when applying for a “DJ” license.
8) In the event of a collision during the conduct of the car class, I will give a full and detailed statement to the driving school regarding that collision.
February 1, 2019 Ref: Annual Transportation Application Dear Parent/Guardian: Attached please find the Annual Transportation Application request form for the 2019-2020 School Year.
Please complete the application and return CERTIFIED MAIL to:
Valley Stream Central High School District Attn: Ashleigh Livingston
One Kent Road Valley Stream,
Please note the application must be received by the District at the above mentioned address no later than April 1, 2019. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Ashleigh Livingston at 516-872-5616.
Wayne R. Loper, Ed.D
The purpose of this form is to inform the district of an incident or series of incidents of bullying and/or harassment so we can investigate and take appropriate steps. If you feel unsafe, or if your child feels that way, fill out this form, but we urge you to speak directly with the building principal as soon as possible so we can address your concerns.